Bandits are crickets appearing in Lost Sands as an enemy. Their attacks will steal one item from the party's inventory, and beating it can get the item back. One bandit also appears at the entrance of Snakemouth Den, and can teleport the player back to Ant kingdom at the cost of 2 berries. Another bandit appears in the 'Theater Help Wanted!' quest, with at thief.
Tattle Log Edit
- 'These cricket bandits spark fear amongst all caravans traveling through the harsh desert. They are ruthless, efficient, and have no intent to negotiate. The change completely when amongst their brethren. It is rumoured that they act like older siblings to the dragonflies, and even enjoying gardening.'
- 'Eep! I-It's a bandit! I'm not going to let it get near our bag. No way! Maybe I'll just let Beetle take the hits while I throw my Beemerang at them. W-Wait...what if they steal my Beemerang? I hope I am not worrying too much...' (Bee's Spy)
- 'Hmph, a cricket bandit. It has been a long time since we encountered each other. Be ready, you rascal. My strength is far greater than you remember!' (Beetle's Spy)
- 'So this is a bandit. Can't say we've seen one before. As long as we deal with them quickly, we have nothing to fear. Let's freeze it on its tracks.' (Moth's Spy)
- There are Bandits in Paper Mario series, and behave in almost the same way as the cricket bandits.